Explore, learn, and grow with YTI’s Yellowstone Junior Scholars Program – coming July 7–12, 2019! For teens who want to deepen their faith through adventure and the arts, this weeklong day camp helps with the life skills needed to build confidence, experience happiness, find success, and grow in generosity.
Skills for Life
Camp begins on Sunday evening, July 7, with an introductory “meet-and-greet”-style dinner, and wraps up on the evening of July 12, 2019. Each weekday starts at 9 am at the YTI facility, located at 2030 Stadium Drive in Bozeman, and ends at 5 pm at the same location.
Morning sessions will be led by YTI professors, covering topics like “Who is This God?,” “Rethinking the Community and Church,” and “Where Am I Going, and How Will I Get There?” Mornings will have a daily lesson, breakout group discussion, and community-focused activities.
Adventure and Service
After lunch (provided by YTI), campers will spend the afternoons visiting Yellowstone National Park, the Museum of the Rockies, the Archie Bray Arts Center in Helena, and Ruby Reservoir. Junior Scholars participants will also have the opportunity to work in a local non-profit alongside leaders active in the community, learning the ropes of community service and giving back.
A definitive schedule of activities will be available two weeks before the program begins.
Yellowstone Junior Scholars Details
- Dates: July 7-12, 2019 (Sunday-Friday)
- Times: July 7 from 6-8pm, July 8-12 from 9am-5pm
- Cost: $200, not including personal spending money; limited scholarships are available.
- Application: Application deadline is April 1, 2019. Enrollment is limited. Students are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible.
- What: Finding out more about faith, life, arts, and adventure! Being with other students from across the United States, and having a blast!
- Eligibility: You must be a junior or senior in high school to be accepted to the program.
- Acceptance: Students will be notified of acceptance by April 15, 2019. In the event you are accepted to the program, you will be sent several forms, including scholarship eligibly (if applicable), that must be completed and returned before June 1 with a $100 deposit. (Balance of the $200 total cost is due on the first day of camp, July 7.)
- For More Information: Contact the YTI office at (406) 404-1600 or at
2019 Yellowstone Junior Scholars Application
The application process is simple. Fill out the form below and attach a one-page reference letter before April 1, 2019.