Yellowstone TheatreMakers and Bozeman Actors Theatre Present:
TheatreMakers Summer Camp!
Inspired by Yellowstone TheatreMakers philosophy that the best way to grow as a theatre artist is to create every step of the way and Bozeman Actors Theatre’s commitment to adventurous live theatre, we present TheatreMakers Summer Camp!*
Creating Original Theatre
For this workshop students will create an original work of theatre in a fast and fun five days. We’ll start the week looking at how plays are put together and create an outline for a story that we’ll devise on our feet. Alongside our work on stage, we’ll design and create elements like props, costumes, and scenery. Students will have the opportunity to work as actors, directors, writers, stage managers, and craftspeople. The workshop will culminate in a performance of our original short play for family and friends. Led by YTM Director Kristin Hammargren and experienced members of the BAT company, TheatreMakers Summer Camp promises to be a creative experience your child won’t want to miss.
*Given the current uncertainties surrounding COVID-19 in our community all plans for camp are subject to change. We are taking a limited number of campers and will practice safe social distancing and sanitation. If camp is canceled due to changes in circumstance or you no longer feel comfortable with your child attending, fees will be refunded in full.
**With multiple teachers in the room, older students will have separate advanced instruction and leadership opportunities available. At YTM we believe collaborating across ages fosters generosity and ensemble.
TheatreMakers Summer Camp
WHO: Students entering 4th-12th grades**
WHEN: August 17–21 (Monday–Friday) 9am-3pm
Showcase for Friends & Family Friday, August 21 at 3pm
WHERE: Yellowstone Theological Institute Rehearsal Space
2030 Stadium Drive, Bozeman, MT
Adventurous Live Theatre
Fun & Supportive Environment
- Students learn the fundamentals of creating a character and dramatic structure through writing and performance
- Students explore and stretch their body, voice, and imagination
- Students gain hands-on experience in theatre design
- Students learn about theatre from a variety of perspectives including performer, director, writer, and designer
- Students work together as a supportive ensemble
- Students learn about the world of professional theatre from local working artists
How to Prepare
- Students should be well-rested and dressed in comfortable clothes for movement.
- Please bring a water bottle and a lunch. A refrigerator and microwave are available. Snacks will be provided.
- Feel free to communicate any special needs, dietary restrictions, or other concerns you might have about your child’s participation in our workshops. We are committed to fostering a safe, comfortable environment for all students. Email questions or concerns to Kristin Hammargren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign Up Today for Yellowstone TheatreMakers
Note: If you would like to register multiple students, you will have to submit separate form entries.
Stay Connected!Start receiving email announcements
and our quarterly newsletter, Inscribed.