Yellowstone TheatreMakers Summer Camp 2021:
Create Your Adventure!
In collaboration with Bozeman Actors Theatre, Yellowstone Theological Institute presents the Yellowstone TheatreMakers Create Your Adventure Summer Camp!
Campers will lead the way to create an original piece of adventurous theatre. The journey begins when an unlikely group of companions set out to save the world. Who are they? Where are they going? What must they do? You decide! Working as performers, writers, designers, and—most importantly—collaborators, participants will get firsthand experience with multiple aspects of the creative process.
Guided by YTM Director Kristin Hammargren and experienced members of the BAT company, Create Your Adventure Summer Camp promises to be a creative experience your child will not want to miss.
YTM will continue to practice health and safety guidelines in accordance with the State of Montana and the CDC.
At Camp, Campers Will:
- Learn the fundamentals of creating a character and dramatic structure through writing and performance
- Explore and stretch their body, voice, and imagination
- Gain hands-on experience in theatre design
- Learn about theatre from a variety of perspectives including performer, director, writer, and designer
- Work together as a supportive ensemble
- Develop collaborative leadership and problem-solving skills
How to Prepare
- Campers should be well-rested, dressed in clothes for movement, and wearing secure shoes.
- Please bring a water bottle, lunch, and a snack. A refrigerator and microwave are available.
- We will spend time outside when possible so be prepared with sunscreen, hats, and whatever else your child might want for time in the sun.
- Feel free to communicate any special needs, allergies, or other concerns you might have about your child’s participation in our workshops. We are committed to fostering a safe, comfortable environment for all students. Email questions or concerns to Kristin Hammargren at email@example.com
Create Your Adventure!
Yellowstone TheatreMakers Summer Camp
WHEN: August 16–20 (Monday–Friday) 9am-3pm
WHO: Students entering 4th-12th grades
Advanced opportunities and leadership roles available for older students
WHERE: Yellowstone Theological Institute
2030 Stadium Drive, Bozeman, MT
At YTM, we are committed to arts access for all. For financial assistance please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Our Values: Empowerment. Variety. Accessibility.
The YTM Philosophy
At Yellowstone TheatreMakers our theatre education is guided by three central beliefs:
Young people grow as artists when they are empowered to think and create from their own point of view.
Theatre asks a lot of questions. What story does our community need right now? How can we best communicate that story to our audience? Over time artists have come up with many ways to answer those questions using light, sound, bodies, voices, puppets, props, music, and words (to name a few). YTM campers are given traditional theatre techniques as tools but will ultimately find their own answers and their own artistic practice.
Hierarchy and homogeneity are antithetical to creativity.
Working as a collaborative ensemble, as opposed to a top-down decision-making structure, enriches the creative process. We teach leadership skills within a student-led, collective context where no one voice is prioritized over another. YTM believes in the value of diverse voices, so we deliberately structure our camper groups to encompass a wide variety of ages and backgrounds. Creativity flourishes when nurtured by variety.
Arts education should be available to all young people.
YTM is committed to arts access for all. Finances, experience, and ability should never be a barrier for participation in the arts. We offer financial assistance and flexible payment options for all camps and seek to accommodate all students’ needs to the best of our ability.
Sign Up Today for Yellowstone TheatreMakers Summer Camp
Note: If you would like to register multiple students, you will have to submit separate form entries.
“It’s a dangerous business going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
—J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
Stay Connected!Start receiving email announcements
and our quarterly newsletter, Inscribed.